I don't want to intimidate you guys with this project. It took hours. There was blood, there was sweat, there were tears. I don't know if you'll be able to handle it, so maybe it would be best just to click away now, move on to another tutorial . . . something a little simpler.
Nah, I'm just kidding, there was one step. Maybe if I really try, I can break it into 3 so you'll be more impressed with these 5-minute sweet button earrings!
Don't you love quick projects? I really, really do--they leave me a lot more time to play with this cute thing:
Although I doubt a picture tutorial is really necessary (did you look at the picture? Do you know how to make them now? Probably . . . but humor me, okay?), click read more for the very minimal instructions!
- flat earring posts (I bought a big ol' bag of these at Hobby Lobby for $2 or $3)
- 2 cute buttons that are the same size or a bit larger than your posts
- some glue . . . I used E-6000
Let's see if I can get 3 steps out of this . . .
1) Put a small amount of glue on earring post and stick your button on. (Make sure not to use too much glue or it'll pop out through the button holes . . . I made that mistake with my first earring. Less is more!)
2) Let dry.
3) Wear your earrings! (Alternately, learn that you can't take a decent picture of your own ear for a photo of yourself modeling them and take a picture of them on a sheet of white paper instead. Now no one on the internet has to endure an up-close and personal moment with your rosacea!)
Like them? I think they're really cute and fun for spring, which is maybe (maybe? please?) starting to make an appearance here in Iowa. And now that I've expressed some hope, the Iowan Weather Gods will smother my spirits with an ice storm tonight, I'm sure of it. At least I'll have cute earrings and a chunky baby to cheer me up as I'm digging a tunnel through the snow to get out of my house tomorrow morning.