1. Have you noticed the 5 or 10 or however many Silhouette giveaways happening on various craft blogs recently? I did not enter a single one, but I’ve read all the “Silhouette Winner Announced!” posts and felt disappointed when my name wasn’t listed.
2. I pretended not to hear Forrest when he woke up talking and giggling after his nap today because I really wanted to finish the crochet project I was this close to completing. He either went back to sleep or is still moping silently over being ignored, two hours later. Parenting win? Or fail? Never mind, don’t tell me.
3. Have you tried Kellogg’s Krave cereal? I protested the purchase of this cereal at the grocery store and now, a day later, the box is empty. Jeff had one bowl. I polished off the rest. Sad part: it wasn’t even that good. Definitely no Chocolate Chex.
4. Have you ever had that awful experience in the gym when someone gives you a strange look and for one horrifying moment you wonder if you were singing the Party Rock Anthem out loud without realizing it because, if you were, you wouldn’t have been able to hear yourself over your own headphones?
5. I watched Yo Gabba Gabba with Forrest for the first time ever today. Dude, that show is weird. But at least I finally understand this custom-order hat that I made 3 months ago:
6. One of my Christmas gifts from Jeff was a really nice, really dangerous new kitchen knife. He predicted I would injure myself with the new knife the first time I used it. But I didn’t slice my thumb open until the second use. Ha! I showed him! (And this was only 2 days after losing a copious amount of blood from my other thumb in a salad tong-related incident. Don’t ask.)
7. I dreamed the other night that I was married to Nathan Fillion. My first feeling upon waking wasn’t guilt or remorse for marrying myself off to another man, but regret that I had dream-married the slightly older, still lovable but undeniably aging Rick Castle version of Nathan Fillion rather than the young, trim, and dashing Malcolm Reynolds version.
8. Are you tired of hearing about New Year’s Resolutions? Here’s mine: eat more Chocolate Chex. Also, more Nathan Fillion dreams.