Oh, hi there, old friend! Did you forget about this blog? It’s been a while. I almost forgot about it myself. I guess I have some catching up to do!
I’m not one for big flashy announcements (blogger fail spoiler alert: sorry, no cutesy projects, themed photo shoots, or announcement cupcakes here, but to be fair, I’ve never led anyone to expect such things from me--minimal effort is key), so I’ll just say it plain and simple: baby #2 is on her way!
Look at that, it’s an announcement BOGO today! We’re having a baby, and it’s a girl!
(She’s cute already!)
So there’s the reason for my recent absence. Maybe someday I’ll share the first trimester drama in all its unwanted detail, but for now, suffice it to say that I’m doing well, baby looks great, and I’m glad to have some energy back. I’m 19 weeks along, and she’s due in late October. We’re very excited, and even Forrest seems to be kind of into the idea. (Although, to be fair, he gets excited about almost everything, and I kind of doubt he really has any idea what we’re talking about when we tell him a baby sister is coming. But no matter—”Baby sistoh! Wow! Yay! I yuv baby sistoh! Baby sistoh kiss!” are the cutest things I’ve ever heard him say, period.)
That being said, I didn’t bother with my goal of setting goals for the past monthish . . . when my biggest goals were ‘don’t stay in bed all day’ and ‘consider exchanging pajamas for real clothes sometime this week’, they hardly seemed worth sharing. So here we go for June!
1. It’s been so long since I used my sewing machine for anything besides hemming pants. It’s time to dust her off, choose something fun to work on, and get sewing.
2. I don’t even want to explain to you how awful our house is right now. And I’m not trying to be cute and act like it’s a mess when really it just needs a few toys picked up. I literally cannot recall the last time I did laundry or cleaned my bathroom, and it’s downright embarrassing when someone knocks at the door and I’m forced to open it and expose them to what appears to be tornado destruction ruins inside. Now that I’m feeling mostly normal again, it’s time to get a grip and start cleaning up.
3. I’ve been trying to eat healthier these past few months, and a big part of that is putting on my big girl panties and eating some vegetables. I could eat fruit all day and night, but I’m not the world’s biggest veggie fan. So this month, I want to try a few new side dish recipes and add some more vegetables to my diet.
4. Almost all of my photos lately are cell phone pics, and while that’s fine and dandy, I think maybe someday I’ll regret not using my real camera more and having better quality photos to look back on. I’m going to get out the camera this month and capture some memories.
5. We’ve been “planning” (“air quote that one”) (“’”heavily”””) a basement makeover for months, and have never even gone so far as looking at paint colors or carpet or anything. We have such a great (potentially great) space down there, and it’s going completely to waste right now. We’d really like to have our big basement room converted to a multi-purpose craft/chiropractic/play room before this baby arrives. Speaking of which, my craft room needs to start making its journey to becoming a baby’s room instead. So this month, I’d like to take some steps forward on those two room makeovers, even if it’s just gathering ideas and putting a little money aside.
There we go! Hopefully these are do-able. What are your goals for June?