Now, right off the bat: I have no problem with candy. None whatsoever. We eat plenty of it around here, and there will definitely be candy in our kids' Easter baskets.
Just wanted to get that out of the way in case anyone was getting ready to feel judged or looked down on. No sugar-hating here.
But I know lots of parents like to walk the non-candy path for Easter, or add a little toy or gift to their kids' Easter goodie baskets, so I thought I'd gather up a few fun items that we've either used in the past, or are looking at this year, that are perfect for tucking into an Easter basket.
1. I love including Easter outfits in the kids' baskets. They'll be receiving an Easter outfit anyway, so why not fold it up and stick it into their basket so it feels more like a present? I love these striped shorts and this cute poplin top for little guys.
2. I already bought Darcy's Easter dress but can't find it online anywhere (sad!). The one I chose for her looks pretty similar to this darling embroidered chambray dress (LOVE it!), and how cute would it be with a floppy straw hat on top?
3. Of course I can't leave books out. These three picture books are bright, cheerful, and perfect for spring: Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld, My Garden by Kevin Henkes, and Duck & Goose by Tad Hills.
4. I've written a few times about my undying love for Beddy's awesome zipper bedding, and let me assure you, that love burns on (and sizzles yet brighter every morning that Forrest makes his own bed neatly without my help, and my own bed takes like 10 seconds to zip up). You can see their bedding in Forrest's room HERE, and in my bedroom HERE.
Beddy's has just come out with an adorable new product -- Beddy's Buddies. They are soft and squishy plush monsters that come with a hardcover picture book encouraging kids not to be afraid of monsters under their beds. They sent a set of monsters to my kids, and I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that their monsters have been dragged everywhere we've gone since the day they arrived.
They're big, fuzzy, and super snuggly, and would be so cute as an Easter basket item! You can save 20% on your buddy + book combo with coupon code BUDDIES.
5. I love giving something that gets the kids outside to take advantage of spring weather (like bubbles, sidewalk chalk, or a big bouncy ball), and this sprinkler looks like so much fun! And it has over 400 5-star reviews, so it feels like a pretty safe purchase.
Do you have any Easter basket traditions in your family?